Our Rewards department is seeking a Regional Merchant Relations Specialist who will establish and maintain excellent relationships with our top contracted merchant retail partners. This position is perfect for a computer-savvy, customer service-oriented person with an understanding of B2B marketing, demonstrable verbal communications skills, and a strong history of retaining business customers, and successfully negotiating business contract renewals and up-sales.
As a vital member of our top-notch, busy Merchant Relations team, you will be responsible for updating accounts and processing information, data report analysis, helping collect funds, and work directly with the merchant client via telephone and email to ensure successful rewards processing and client retention. This position earns solid base wages, plus bonus and commissions on an extremely fun team! Full-time with generous full benefits in our business casual Salt Lake City office.
- Respond to all merchant concerns in a timely manner via telephone, email or fax with the ability to address needs and retain merchants.
- Resolve ACH returns with merchants to reach highest collection rate and minimize amount of write-offs and uncollected funds.
- Communicate with merchant clients regularly to ensure their satisfaction, guarantee maximum transactional data collection, and ensure the highest possible client retention.
- Responsible for interacting with other areas of the business in order to pursue cross-sell opportunities.
- Work directly with various departments including Sales, Accounting, Marketing, IT, and Bankcard Relationship managers to coordinate effective execution of web display, data collection, and successful billing.
- Perform data report analysis.
- Two years post-high school education or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent preferred.
- 18+ months customer service and client retention experience; B2B experience preferred
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet required; experience using databases and web-based CRM applications a plus
- Strong telephone, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable history of listening to decipher client needs
- History of building strong relationships with clients/customers on the phone; demonstrable high-level customer service is a must
To apply for this position, please complete an Initial Job Application and attach your resume.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Access Development is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Access Development does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected class under federal, state or local laws.
Access has been a leading provider of loyalty programs worldwide since 1984. We leverage the world's largest private savings & discount network to drive customers to retailers, create loyalty for organizations, and help their members and customers save money every day. Our employees enjoy a flexible, friendly work environment, competitive wages, excellent benefits, and employee discounts nationwide.