Access Development is seeking a confident and creative full-stack Ruby developer to build and maintain high-quality, extensible and scalable software in Salt Lake City. This position is working with a great team focused on new product development. We get to solve fun and interesting challenges using new technologies for quick-to-market products that integrate into new and existing systems.
This Software Developer position is ideal for someone with a deep understanding of web technologies who is accustomed to producing quality code, implementing good testing principles, and who wants to join a great company! This position is located in our Salt Lake City office; flexible schedule, but must be able and willing to come into the office 3 to 4 times per week as needed.
We are most interested in finding the right fit, someone with a wide set of experience, and even greater aptitude to learn new technologies quickly. We work in an agile environment using test coverage and continuous integration to maintain confidence in deploys.
- Write demonstrable, high quality code
- Build and maintain test coverage on unit, integration and acceptance
- Develop and Maintain production applications
- Clearly understand business objectives and customer needs
- 3 to 5+ years Ruby on Rails experience, "The Rails Way" mentality
- Agile development and CI background
- RESTful API Integrations, providing and consuming JSON/XML
- Solid understanding of Postgresql and AWS (ec2, s3, Cloudfront)
- History of good communication (communicate early, communicate often, total transparency)
- Natural talent to learn code and creatively/efficiently solve complex challenges
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE BONUS POINTS:
- Travel or hotel industry exposure
- ActionCable or other websocket
- HAML / Sass / CoffeeScript
Full-time, competitive wages, very cool benefits including employee discounts nationwide.
To apply, please complete an Initial Job Application and reference "Ruby Software Developer" and attach your resume.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Access Development is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Access Development does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected class under federal, state or local laws.
Access has been a leading provider of loyalty programs worldwide since 1984. We leverage the world's largest private savings & discount network to drive customers to retailers, create loyalty for organizations, and help their members and customers save money every day. Our employees enjoy a flexible, friendly work environment, competitive wages, excellent benefits, and employee discounts nationwide.