As a Software Quality Assurance Analyst/Developer, you will be intimately involved in supporting all technical aspects of the Quality Assurance team including build integration, test automation, data validation and other technical implementations. Under the direction of the QA Manager, you will be involved in the design, development and execution of manual and automated software test plans for applications used by both Access Development clients as well as our employees. You will be responsible for interfacing with internal users and the software developers to gather and understand requirements to be used as the basis for test plans; developing and executing test plans; and developing automated test scripts.
The Quality Assurance Analyst/Developer for the Access IT Division is responsible for three critical initiatives in ensuring product quality:
1. Validate new product functionality and issue fixes
2. Prevent regression in production systems
3. Discover existing issues and promote proper solutions
- Support test automation efforts to design automated test scripts to be leveraged during build and QA processes
- Work with QA Manager to support QA technical initiatives
- Utilize regression and functional testing methodologies to protect and improve the user experience
- Develop and execute test plans, test scripts, etc.
- Interface with users to understand and duplicate reported bugs
- Document and report bug duplication and discovery efforts
- Apply best practices to test efforts to ensure quality standards
- Understand and employ the Access SDLC
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by QA Manager
- 1-2 years Java development experience
- Experience in test automation and build system integration
- Associates Degree in CS or related field; or equivalent experience
- 1 -2 years web application testing experience preferred
- Experience developing and writing test plans
- Experience with APIs, Postman, Curl, bash scripting, etc.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems required
- Strong technical skills
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work as a team player in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to accurately estimate work with proven delivery record
- Highly attentive to detail
- Strong issue discovery and diagnosis skills
- Data Analysis experience preferred
- Understanding of Agile Software Development and Testing Methodologies
- SQL and Relational DataBase Management Systems (RDBMS) experience preferred
- Postgres experience a plus
To apply for this position, please complete an Initial Job Application and attach your resume.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Access Development is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Access Development does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected class under federal, state or local laws.
Access has been a leading provider of loyalty programs worldwide since 1984. We leverage the world's largest private savings & discount network to drive customers to retailers, create loyalty for organizations, and help their members and customers save money every day. Our employees enjoy a flexible, friendly work environment, competitive wages, excellent benefits, and employee discounts nationwide.