Careers at Access
Access Is Growing! Join Us!
Software QA Tester/Data Analyst (Job# IT307)
Software Quality Assurance Tester / Data Analyst
Access’ IT Quality Assurance team is seeking a Software QA Tester/Data Analyst. This is a rare opportunity for someone with SQL and RDBMS experience to join a friendly, high-producing team of “A Players” that puts out really cool, high quality software products used by millions of people.
As a Software Quality Assurance Tester/Data Analyst, you will be involved in the design, development and execution of manual and automated software test plans for applications used by both Access Development clients and our employees. You will interface with internal users and the software developers to gather and understand requirements to be used as the basis for test plans. You will be responsible for developing and executing test plans as well as developing automated test scripts. Under the direction of the QA Manager, you will be responsible for definition and execution of data and database schema test plans and validation.
This position is responsible for three critical initiatives in ensuring product quality:
1) Validate new product functionality and issue fixes
2) Prevent regression in production systems
3) Discover existing issues and promote proper solutions
- Utilize regression and functional testing methodologies to protect and improve the user experience
- Develop and execute test plans, test scripts, etc.
- Design test plans, queries, and reports to validate data and databases
- Work with QA Manager to lead the data and database validation process
- Document schema structure, purposes, and uses
- Interface with users to understand and duplicate reported bugs
- Document and report bug duplication and discovery efforts
- Apply best practices to test efforts to ensure quality standards
- Understand and employ the Access SDLC
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by QA Manager
- Associates Degree in CS or related field; or equivalent experience
- 3 -5 years post-degree web application testing experience
- SQL and Relational DataBase Management Systems (RDBMS) experience required
- 2+ years of data analysis experience leveraging SQL to validate data
- Experience developing and writing successful test plans
- Understanding of Software Testing Methodologies (i.e. Agile, Lean, Waterfall, etc.)
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work as a team player in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly attentive to detail
- Strong issue discovery and diagnosis skills
- History of accurately estimating work with proven delivery record
- .NET and/or Java web applications
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Postgres and MS SQL Server experience
To apply, email your resume with a cover letter describing the coolest successful test plan you developed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference Job# IT307.