Company: Access Development Website: www.accessdevelopment.com
Address: 1012 West 2480 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84119, US
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2019 12:23:02 PM Last updated on: February 6, 2019
Access is looking for entry level Engineers to join our Enterprise Integration team. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, technically strong, proactive, and enjoy producing creative solutions to complex problems.
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will be in charge of implementing solutions using Spring. You are expected to work on a feature with your Product Team to design, strategize and produce quality code. You also would have the opportunity to showcase your skills and learn from others at Access.
Access Development is the best-kept software secret in the Wasatch Front and we're big believers in the OKR approach to getting things done. You will be working Monday – Friday in our Salt Lake City office,with optional 3 days/week remote work. Starting pay is dependent on experience, plus full employee benefits, including employee discounts nationwide
- 1-2 year experience developing with Spring Framework.
- Version Control Systems
- Git competency with the command line (no GUI).
- Checkout, branch, commit, PR, push, merge.
- Java, Spring Boot
- Build Systems
- Clean, build, test, skip test, publish.
- Linux Command Line Competency
- Ssh, folder navigation, basic commands.
- Select, insert, update, delete
- Seek guidance and suggestions from team members.
- Test for and remove code smells prior to creating a pull request.
- Incorporate code review comments into pull requests.
- Provide code reviews.
- Ensure code standards are maintained.
- Look for opportunities to refactor code smells.
- Ensure security risks are identified and standards are followed.
- Ensure unit tests are valuable and test coverage is reasonable.
- Takes direction from the product team manager for day-to-day tasks.
- Participate in Design Reviews with Product Manager and Team Leads.
- 1-2 years work experience developing Java applications.
- Competency with the Git version control system (GitHub). Able to checkout, branch, commit and push using the command line (no gui).
- Experience with Java and Spring Boot.
- Competency with the Gradle build tool. Able to clean, build, test, and publish.
- Competency with Linux terminal commands, such as ssh, folder navigation, and other basic commands.
- Basic familiarity with databases, including select, insert, update, and delete. Familiarity with connecting Java applications with databases via ORM or JDBC.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Highly self-motivated.
To apply for this position, please complete an Initial Job Application and attach your resume.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Access Development is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Access Development does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected class under federal, state or local laws.
Access has been a leading provider of loyalty programs worldwide since 1984. We leverage the world's largest private savings & discount network to drive customers to retailers, create loyalty for organizations, and help their members and customers save money every day. Our employees enjoy a flexible, friendly work environment, competitive wages, excellent benefits, and employee discounts nationwide.