Front-end developers work closely with product managers and designers to help evaluate, design, and build new features for our highly responsive web applications that are used by millions of customers.
The front-end developer works in small, cross-functional teams to architect, design and implement high-quality software solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience developing client-side applications with JS frameworks such as React.js, Angular, or similar.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- A passion for user experience and crafting intuitive interactions on the web.
- Excellent communication skills and a history of working as a team player in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with build tools, such as webpack, gulp, or grunt.
- Experience working from the command line; Git, Yarn, etc.
- Experience with the GitFlow (or similar) branching model.
- Experience gathering requirements from modern design tools, like Sketch and Figma.
- Experience using browser tools to test, profile, and debug modern web applications.
- Bonus points for experience with:
- CSS/JS animations
- Building/Managing component libraries
- Kanban workflow
- Backend languages (Java, Scala, Ruby, etc.)
- Implementing REST/JSON APIs
At Access, we’re about more than just making a buck. We believe in making the world a better place with discount and loyalty products that add value for the people and organizations we serve. We live to be happy — because life is short enough as it is. With a family-first mentality, confidence in our cause and integrity in all we do, we work hard to bring value to our community.
This position is based at our Salt Lake City office and offers remote work up to 3 days per week.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Access Development is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Access Development does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected class under federal, state or local laws.
Access has been a leading provider of loyalty programs worldwide since 1984. We leverage the world’s largest private savings discount network to drive customers to retailers, create loyalty for organizations, and help their members and customers save money every day. Our employees enjoy a flexible, friendly work environment, competitive wages, excellent benefits, and employee discounts nationwide.
Access employees enjoy a flexible, friendly, people-oriented work environment with all-employee parties, activities that include family and friends, employee recognition, a fantastic nationwide employee discount program, and a strong focus on career development.