Senior Email Marketing Specialist
Access Development is looking for an A Player who is seeking a challenging position in driving results through our email marketing program. We’re hiring an Email Marketing Specialist to join our talented Product Marketing team in Salt Lake City. This is not a remote position. If you have a passion for creating email marketing programs that drive revenue and awareness, know HTML and can analyze results to increase the effectiveness of our campaigns, then this may be the perfect job for you!
The Email Marketing Specialist will be a key member of the Product Marketing team in developing and coding emails and will have a direct impact on the company’s revenue goals. You will work closely with our Product, Partnership Marketing and Business Intelligence teams to ensure continuous improvement with our campaigns.
- Work closely with our email coder, email marketing manager, and digital designer to research, strategize, create, and test new and existing email campaigns.
- Build targeted email campaigns to increase user engagement and drive repeat product usage.
- Write high converting content for emails that include email subject lines, headlines, body copy, and CTAs.
- Assist our email coder with coding and testing email campaigns using HTML and CSS.
- Work closely with our email marketing manager to optimize email user experiences, set triggers, create and implement A/B testing strategy, select audience segments, create email calendar, and build and QA test new campaigns.
- Work with our partnership marketing team to determine which merchant discounts to use for each campaign.
- Ensure templates are mobile friendly.
- Set up a system to be able to consistently and effectively monitor and analyze campaign performance.
- With this data, be prepared to share new insights and recommendations, if needed, with the product marketing team. Deliver ad-hoc analyses as needed.
- Stay up to date on email marketing best practices and share them with the team.
- Become an expert on Access products and our target audiences.
- Assist with SMS and social media marketing, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to create and deliver a unified message that works for our clients and their customers.
- 3-5 years creating and managing email marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent
- Growth driven mindset with a continuous appetite for learning and improving relevant skills through reading, seminars or professional organizations
- Self-starter, multi-tasker, and team player
- Thrive in a nuanced and nimble environment
- Experience in email coding (HTML/CSS) and testing
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of JSON, SendGrid, and SendGrid Handlebars a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective and healthy cross-functional team relationships
- Ability to present and discuss your strategies and projects clearly and succinctly
- Experience using A/B testing best practices
- Experience with other marketing channels like SMS and social media a plus
- Proven experience in audience segmentation, testing, reporting, and optimizing conversion-driven email campaigns
- Strong analytical skills related to the success and effectives of our email campaigns
To apply for this position, please complete an Initial Job Application and attach your resume. Feel free to include a cover letter to explain how your experience fits with the qualifications for this role.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Access Development is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Access Development does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected class under federal, state or local laws.
Access has been a leading provider of loyalty programs worldwide since 1984. We leverage the world’s largest private savings discount network to drive customers to retailers, create loyalty for organizations, and help their members and customers save money every day. Our employees enjoy a flexible, friendly work environment, competitive wages, excellent benefits, and employee discounts nationwide.
Access employees enjoy a flexible, friendly, people-oriented work environment with all-employee parties, activities that include family and friends, employee recognition, a fantastic nationwide employee discount program, and a strong focus on career development.