Access is recruiting talented software engineers who enjoy a challenge and desire an active role in the product development process. Access software engineers are essential members of our product teams. They learn project requirements, contribute to architecture decisions, and work closely with product managers and designers to develop REST API micro-services web applications, and other software solutions used by millions of customers.
Our tech stack is Java/Spring on the server side and React on the front end. We use GitHub for our VCS and build jobs, and Amazon Web Services hosts our applications. Most everyone works on Macs except for a couple of Windows holdouts.
Face-to-face interaction is unbeatable. Whether it’s an impromptu problem-solving meeting at the whiteboard or making friends around the water cooler, there is no substitute for time in the office. That’s why we have a hybrid remote policy. Tuesdays and Thursdays, everyone is in the office. The rest of the week, we have the option to work remotely.
We have the best work/live balance of any software company. We work hard, and we play hard.
This position is based in our Salt Lake City office next to the beautiful Jordan River trail system.
- Work with small, cross-functional, and co-located (sit together) teams to architect, design and implement high quality software solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years relevant web/API application development experience, including:
- 4+ years’ experience developing with Java applications
- 2+ years’ experience with Spring Boot.
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Linux in a server environment.
- Experience with developing JDBC or ORM DAOs.
- Experience with message systems, such as RabbitMQ.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- History of working as a team player in a dynamic environment.
- Familiar with Git
- Java, Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Security, Lombok.
- Familiar with Gradle and Maven
- Linux Command Line Competency
- Experience working with relational databases.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with elasticsearch.
- Experience with other JVM languages.
To apply for this position, please complete an Initial Job Application and attach your resume.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Access Development is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Access Development does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected class under federal, state or local laws.
Access has been a leading provider of loyalty programs worldwide since 1984. We leverage the world’s largest private savings discount network to drive customers to retailers, create loyalty for organizations, and help their members and customers save money every day. Our employees enjoy a flexible, friendly work environment, competitive wages, excellent benefits, and employee discounts nationwide.
Access employees enjoy a flexible, friendly, people-oriented work environment with all-employee parties, activities that include family and friends, employee recognition, a fantastic nationwide employee discount program, and a strong focus on career development.