Sr. Software Engineer
Access is looking for top-notch software engineers who are passionate about developing software for the JVM. We are primarily a Java/Spring shop, but we do maintain Scala/Akka Streams applications.
The Senior Software Engineer is involved in the design, architecture, and development of REST API micro-services, web applications, and other software solutions used by millions of customers.
All of our applications are hosted by AWS. VCS is Github. Our continuous delivery pipeline is powered by CodePipeline/CodeDeploy. We communicate via Slack and our issue tracker is JIRA.
Access Development is the best-kept software secret in the Wasatch Front. We enjoy the longest tenure among software developers anywhere due to job satisfaction and the best work/life balance of any software company.
This position is based in our Salt Lake City office next to the beautiful Jordan River trail system and we have a hybrid remote/in office work schedule.
- Work with small, cross-functional, and co-located (sit together) teams to architect, design and implement high quality software solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years relevant web/api application development experience, including:
- Experience with build tools, such as Gradle, Maven, SBT is nice to have.
- 5+ years experience developing Java Applications.
- 3+ years experience with Spring Boot.
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Linux in a server environment.
- Experience developing on Linux or Mac (or Windows – if you must).
- Experience developing with JDBC or ORM frameworks; familiarity with Postgresql is a plus.
- Comfortable working with Git on the command line.
- Experience with GitFlow (or similar) branching model.
- Experience with message systems, such as RabbitMQ.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- History of working as a team player in a dynamic environment.
Nice to have:
- Spring Boot 3.x
- AWS EC2, S3.
- Github Actions
- Scala experience. Play Framework, Akka Streams.
- Experience working in an agile Kanban environment.
To apply for this position, please complete an Initial Job Application and attach your resume.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Access Development is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Access Development does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected class under federal, state or local laws.
Access has been a leading provider of loyalty programs worldwide since 1984. We leverage the world’s largest private savings discount network to drive customers to retailers, create loyalty for organizations, and help their members and customers save money every day. Our employees enjoy a flexible, friendly work environment, competitive wages, excellent benefits, and employee discounts nationwide.
Access employees enjoy a flexible, friendly, people-oriented work environment with all-employee parties, activities that include family and friends, employee recognition, a fantastic nationwide employee discount program, and a strong focus on career development.